ADRCs/No Wrong Door Systems address the barriers and frustrations many consumers and their families experience when they choose to obtain information and access to services and supports.
The overall goal of the ADRC Program is to empower individuals to effectively navigate their health and other long-term support options.
ADRCs accomplish this goal by:
- Serving as visible and trusted sources of information regarding available long term services and supports;
- Providing personalized and objective information and support to empower people to make informed decisions about their support options;
- Providing streamlined access to all publicly-funded long-term services and supports through coordinated intake, assessment and eligibility determination processes;
- Providing information, resources and support for people wishing to transition from hospitals and other institutional settings into the community;
- Maintaining rigorous quality assurance processes; and
- Serving families with private resources which may prevent “spend-down” to Medicaid or unnecessary institutionalization.